Thursday, July 29, 2010

Faith Goes A Long Way

Recommitment day was last week. What that basically means is that it's the last day to stay on board with Team In Training or bow out gracefully if you feel you won't be able to reach the fundraising minimum. In the days leading up to recommitment, I grew restless and worried. I no longer feared the miles that were ahead of me, but more the idea of making others believe in the cause. I did not sleep thinking about what I was going to be giving up if I opted out. It wasn't just the opportunity to train every Saturday that I would have given up, but it was also the experience of being part of something greater than myself all the while knowing my efforts were helping others. There are so many people to thank for pushing me to continue on, people who believed in ME, who looked me in the eye and said, "You can do this Julie!" Those people know who they are and I have come up to them, hugged them and just said "Thank you!" This entry is for everyone who has supported me along the way. My wonderful mentor Julie who cheered me on from day one and reminds me all the time how AWESOME she thinks I am! My coaches who come up to me during the runs and ask how I'm doing. If I can answer back, it means I'm good :) Melanie...there is a reason they call you Sunshine. Miss Whitney...your enthusiasm is infectious whether via e-mail or in person. Thank you for your guidance. My teammates who have the strength to say "Go team!" as we are climbing a hill in our seventh plus mile. My family has also been tremendous in all of this, aunts, uncles, cousins, I love you guys! Mom, thank you will never be enough for all that you have done in this. To my dad for pestering his co-workers...it all added up! :) Shaun, thank you for being patient with me. Your love carries me through life's hectic moments and I appreciate you so much. And to each and every one of you who have donated. Whether it's been a pretzel purchase, a pie, a raffle entry, $5, $10, $25, ANY monetary amount, items for my yard sale coming up, attended a LONG TV taping--whatever you so generously donated, your time, money, you name it, I would not be here at 75% of my goal! We're saving lives here and you can all be proud of that! This week's lesson, faith goes a long way. Thank you all for believing in me! I am more grateful than you will ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment