Friday, July 16, 2010

Courage



I got to see Sammy today....wow! What a little ball of courage this little girl is! She told me about how she’s had the chance to meet famous people, go to Dodger games, talk on the radio about her experience, and do all these fun things. This little young lady has not let her battle bring her down, but has turned into something positive! She is someone to be proud of…Sammy you give me strength and courage! You are my hero!

I learned something about courage today. It's something you don't expect to see in someone at such a young age. You think of the word courage and you envision an athlete, a boxer, a basketball player...courage took on a different meaning for me, it was in the form of a seven year old little girl named Sammy and all those others fighting to stay alive.

Pictured left to right: Me, Sammy, and Sammy's mom Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment